The representative offices opened by foreign companies do not have legal personality and are not allowed to develop commercial activities; the representative offices are meant to promote the company’s activity and to support the activity to be developed on the Romanian territory by the latter.
For the setting-up of a Romanian representative office we shall mainly need from you the following:
• Trade Registry excerpt;
• Letter of good standing attesting the credentials of the company;
• The company’s Articles of Association;
• Resolution of Board of Directors/Sole Shareholder/General Meeting about the representative office setting-up – we shall provide you a draft for this;
• The proof headquarters – lease agreement;
• The proof of payment of the authorisation tax amounting USD 1200/per year.
You can leave the rest on our shoulders; once we have collected the necessary information from you, we shall need around 5 days to finalize the rest of the needed documentation for the representative office setting-up; further on, the procedure before the competent authorities shall take around 30 days.