Foreign companies may apply for natural gas supply license only if they hold a secondary office (branch or representative office) in Romania.
Thus, the licensing process as natural gas supply shall start after the finalisation of the process for the secondary office incorporation – please refer to our Corporate procedures section for more information.
The main necessary documents for acquiring the natural gas supply license are the following:
• Documents attesting the availability of necessary funds for carrying on the natural gas supply activity, in amount of at least 25% of the turnover estimated to be achieved in the first 12 months as natural gas supplier, but not less than EUR 100,000;
• Trade registry excerpt;
• Last financial statements in copy, as registered by the applicant with tax authorities;
• Sworn affidavits of the shareholders, administrators, members of the Board of Directors or of the Board of Supervisors;
• Information about the organisational and human resources meant to be used for the prospected activity in Romania;
• Copies of Identity cards and curriculum vitae – necessary for the company’s legal representatives/administrator/general manager, attesting their experience in management activities for at least 2 (two) years;
You can leave the rest on our shoulders; once we have collected the necessary information from you, we shall need around 5 days to finalise the rest of the needed documentation for acquiring the natural gas supply license.